Compare Flower Paintings from Van Gogh, Monet and Manet


Today I read a article about flower paintings by Van Gogh, Monet and Manet. In my opinion, I like Van Gough  most. His flower painting  used more bright color, more clear shapes, more interesting post of each flower, more details. As a post impressionist, Van Gough painted his most powerful flower with lines, dots, and colors. Here I am going to show your guys some of their paintings. If have any copyrights problems, let me know first. I checked it , and I believe it is Ok for use  images this way.

Vincent Van Gogh:





Flower paintings by Claue Monet







Edouard Manet Flower Paintings:





When I look at these famous flower paintings, one things can be sure: colors speak most important voice in all those paintings. I read one famous painter-- Paul Gauguin state that color is only thing matter in a painting. I could not understand very well at beginning of my painting journey. Now, I understand it deeper and deeper.

Comments